It’s good to pray together in a small group and we offer the opportunity to do this every weekday in St Mary’s. If you would like to join us, all are welcome.
Mondays 2.15pm The Daily Office (daily prayers)
Tuesdays 1.30pm The Daily Office (daily prayers)
Wednesdays 9.30am BCP Holy Communion (followed by coffee & chat)
Thursdays 1.00pm The Daily Office (daily prayers)
Fridays 9.15am The Daily Office (daily prayers)
If you prefer to pray alone, the church is open every day, just find a spot that suits you.
There is also a range of prayer cards available to guide you and for you to take away. Look out for the colourful banner in our prayer corner.
This spring weekend at St Mary’s, please come and join us for….Coffee and cakes – Saturday 25th March 10.30am-noon
Concert by Hinchingbrooke Rising Stars – Saturday 25th March 7.30pm – tickets £10
Mothering Sunday All-Age Service – Sunday 26th March 11am
Don’t forget that the clocks go forward this weekend!!
CONCERT : Hinchingbrooke Rising Stars
Saturday 25th March at 7.30pm
Tickets £10 (£8 concessions) from 01480 812777 / 07979 030144 / Nisa in Buckden / Que Sera in Buckden. complimentary glass of wine or juice at the interval
This year’s Lent course (All Loves Excelling – see below) is running in two times / locations. Everyone very welcome to come along and find out what it is all about.
Monday lunchtimes 12.30pm at the Methodist Church (with soup lunch). Run by Buckden & District Churches Together. Monday 6th March to Monday 3rd April
Thursday evenings 8.15pm at 7 Vineyard Way
Thursday 9th March to Thursday 6th April
This year Ash Wednesday falls on March 1st and the whole month of March is within Lent. Join us at our Ash Wednesday Communion and Imposition of Ashes at 9.30am on March 1st.
Lent is a time of repentance, fasting and preparation for the coming of Easter.
Why not start the month with a clear-out / clean-up?
- Have a clear-out at home and bring along your pre-loved items to St Mary’s Annual Auction at Buckden Village Hall 11am on Saturday 4th March. Maybe pick up some new treasures and bargains too.
- Join our Cleaning Crew on Saturday 11th March from 11am. The church will be stripped for Lent, what better time to give the place a good clean. Join us with mops and dusters or elbow grease and enthusiasm and observe Lent by preparing our church for Easter with a deep clean. Coffee and cakes available too.
- Cleaning up during Lent applies out of doors as well as inside the church. Join our Churchyard Tidy on Saturday 1st April from 10am. Bring your own tools. Coffee and cakes available too.
Lent is also a time of self-examination and reflection. So why not try one / some of the following?
- Spend more time in prayer.
If you don’t want to pray alone, why not join us in St Marys each weekday for The Daily Office and mid-week communion (times in the pewsheet / newsletter/ Buckden Roundabout)
- Lent course – All Loves Excelling (Studies in the Letter to the Philippians)
Monday lunchtimes 12.30pm at the Methodist Church (with soup lunch)
Thursday evenings 8.15pm at 7 Vineyard Way
Monday 6th / Thursday 9th March to Monday 3rd / Thursday 6th April
- Personal study – If you prefer to study alone, there are a number of Lent books available to borrow from the library at the back of church. These range from collections of reflective poems to activity books such as “Love Life Live Lent”. Or dig out your copy of “The Writing on the Wall”
For more details about what’s on in March, our “800 and counting
…” initiative and for feedback from Rev Jes, the ministry team and the PCC, please see the latest newsletter 1703-newsletter-mar-2017
. All our monthly newsletters can found on this website on the “newsletters” page under the “info” tab. Alternatively a newsletter can be be emailed to you each month. For those not on email / internet, there are always copies available to pick up in church. If you cannot get to church, you can have a paper copy delivered.
Click the following Links for up-to-date information on the
Work on the roof is now complete but we are unable to progress any of the other projects until we have raised substantial funds. Pray that our grant applications will be successful and that people will feel moved to support our beautiful Parish Church.
Fareshare is a UK wide charity, fighting hunger and food waste, benefitting both vulnerable people and the planet. 3.9 million tonnes of food is wasted by the food and drink industry every year. The food is good to eat and in date. Fareshare rescues this food and distributes it among 2,489 charities and community organisations.
See the charities page on this website (under finance), the weekly pewsheet and the charities noticeboard at the back of church for more information.