At St Mary’s Buckden we regularly pray for the A1: for those who travel on it, and for the emergency services who endeavour to keep us safe as we travel, and who are always there swiftly to deal with accidents when they do occur.
On Sunday 13th October there was a major accident on the Northbound carriageway just south of Buckden, involving a coach and a lorry and possibly also a car. In church we prayed for all those involved, and your continuing prayers are invited for:
- Those seriously hurt, particularly the two bus drivers
- Those with only minor injuries, but who will need support in their recovery from a frightening experience
- The emergency personnel who attended the scene
- All road users on the A1 – for their safety and care.
- Thanksgiving for the vigilance and careful driving of the coach driver, and that the accident was not even more serious.
Details of the accident and its aftermath have been widely reported online.