The Benefice of Buckden and the Offords
Our Benefice consists of two active rural churches:- St Mary’s Buckden and All Saints’ Offord Cluny and the closed church of St Peter’s Offord D’Arcy. The villages are situated between St Neots to the south and Huntingdon to the north, and separated by the River Great Ouse and the East Coast main line railway.
We are looking for an incumbent who will recognise and value our differences, who will lead us into deeper Christian discipleship in our daily lives, and by journeying with us as we learn to identify our gifts so we can play a fuller part in the ministry of the Church.
We are looking for someone:
• Who is creative, flexible and sympathetic to diverse liturgical traditions
• Who embraces new technology and, at the same time, values heritage and tradition
• Who is able to engage with children and work equally well with the elderly, the infirm and all those in between
• Who is committed to the ecumenical traditions of our communities
• Who will continue to grow our Benefice relationship with the Deanery and take an active part in Deanery Chapter & Diocesan life
• With a pastoral heart, who is outgoing and hands-on but who is able to delegate, where appropriate, all aspects of ministry through encouragement and training of the laity.
• In addition – the diocese is looking for someone who for one day a week will work with the Director of Mission supporting Social Justice issues such as food banks and credit unions.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with energy, drive and vision to further develop the role of our churches – faithful to the call of God; caring and visible within the community.
An application form and additional information is available at
To apply, please write or email:
The Archdeacon of Huntingdon & Wisbech, The Diocesan Office, Barton Road, Ely CB7 4DX
Closing date for applications: Friday 5th December 2014
Interviews on: Tuesday 20th January 2015
This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure
We pray to be generous and visible people of Jesus Christ.