- Have a clear-out at home and bring along your pre-loved items to St Mary’s Annual Auction at Buckden Village Hall 11am on Saturday 4th March. Maybe pick up some new treasures and bargains too.
- Join our Cleaning Crew on Saturday 11th March from 11am. The church will be stripped for Lent, what better time to give the place a good clean. Join us with mops and dusters or elbow grease and enthusiasm and observe Lent by preparing our church for Easter with a deep clean. Coffee and cakes available too.
- Cleaning up during Lent applies out of doors as well as inside the church. Join our Churchyard Tidy on Saturday 1st April from 10am. Bring your own tools. Coffee and cakes available too.
Lent is also a time of self-examination and reflection. So why not try one / some of the following?
- Spend more time in prayer.
If you don’t want to pray alone, why not join us in St Marys each weekday for The Daily Office and mid-week communion (times in the pewsheet / newsletter/ Buckden Roundabout)
- Lent course – All Loves Excelling (Studies in the Letter to the Philippians)
Monday lunchtimes 12.30pm at the Methodist Church (with soup lunch)
Thursday evenings 8.15pm at 7 Vineyard Way
Monday 6th / Thursday 9th March to Monday 3rd / Thursday 6th April
- Personal study – If you prefer to study alone, there are a number of Lent books available to borrow from the library at the back of church. These range from collections of reflective poems to activity books such as “Love Life Live Lent”. Or dig out your copy of “The Writing on the Wall”
Click the following Links for up-to-date information on the
Fareshare is a UK wide charity, fighting hunger and food waste, benefitting both vulnerable people and the planet. 3.9 million tonnes of food is wasted by the food and drink industry every year. The food is good to eat and in date. Fareshare rescues this food and distributes it among 2,489 charities and community organisations.
See the charities page on this website (under finance), the weekly pewsheet and the charities noticeboard at the back of church for more information.