In July 2017 we heard that we have been awarded a grant, of £40,000, from the Amey Community Fund, towards the essential maintenance work on the tower. This money supplements the ongoing fund-raising successes of the restoration appeal and is much needed, as the total bill for these repairs is circa £64000. So, the next phase of our restoration project, work on higher levels of the tower and the clock, will be starting soon. Pray for the success of this project and watch out again for scaffolding in the autumn.
From 25th May to 4th June we took part in the Archbishops’ call to all churches to pray for our nation, community and world. As part of this, we had prayer nets out in the church porch and people were invited to add their prayer requests to the nets. Here are some of the things that people asked us to pray for:-
- Victims and perpetrators of terror attacks in London and Manchester
- Police, doctors, nurses and other emergency services
- Appreciation of the NHS. For its many burdens
- Loved ones dying, grieving or suffering loss of faculties
- People involved in recent road accidents
- Worries while waiting for medical tests, procedures and results
- Buckden and its wonderful school
- Families lacking food or money
- Concern for grandchildren in a world needing God’s love
- God’s wisdom for those in positions of leadership
- Christian revival in our nation and God’s will to be done
It’s the eve of Buckden Open Gardens. The forecast is good and the gardens are all looking lovely. Get your garden passports for just £5 on the day from St Marys or from any of the gardens.
One of the events in our 800 and counting challenge. An outdoor screening of Grease on 10th June. It will be in the parkland at the back of Stirtloe House. Car parking will be available within the park. Draycott brewery will be running the bar, plus locally sourced hog roast etc. or bring your own picnic.Bring something to sit on and a torch.Gates open 7pm. Film starts approx 9pm. Box office details are on the poster
Congratulations to the 6 members of our congregation who were confirmed at Ely Cathedral at a Pentecost Praise service on 4th June 2017.