From 25th May to 4th June we took part in the Archbishops’ call to all churches to pray for our nation, community and world. As part of this, we had prayer nets out in the church porch and people were invited to add their prayer requests to the nets. Here are some of the things that people asked us to pray for:-
- Victims and perpetrators of terror attacks in London and Manchester
- Police, doctors, nurses and other emergency services
- Appreciation of the NHS. For its many burdens
- Loved ones dying, grieving or suffering loss of faculties
- People involved in recent road accidents
- Worries while waiting for medical tests, procedures and results
- Buckden and its wonderful school
- Families lacking food or money
- Concern for grandchildren in a world needing God’s love
- God’s wisdom for those in positions of leadership
- Christian revival in our nation and God’s will to be done
For the children –
Seaside Rock Holiday Club. Mornings Wednesday 24th – Friday 26th August at Buckden Towers (FREE)
For the adults –
your last chance to take part in a FUN QUIZ in aid of Shelterbox.
Wednesday 24th August 7.30pm at Buckden Marina. £5 per person includes a glass of prosecco; cheese & crackers. Raffle in aid of Shelterbox. Teams will be made up on the night.
For everyone –
Charity Garden Party Sunday 28th August from mid-day at 20 Silver Street. Creams Teas, Licensed Bar, BBQ, Bouncy Castle, Garden Games. In aid of St Mary’s and Tommy’s Wheels (come along and find out about this new local charity)
A group from St Mary’s will be taking part in the Cambridgeshire Historic Churches Trust (CHCT) Ride, Drive and Stride event on Saturday 10th September. Some cycling between local churches and starting off from St Mary’s during Coffee & Cakes; others walking between churches in Cambridge. All keeping up the tradition that has been so well established and supported at St Mary’s by Ron and Ken (to name but two).
It is a sponsored event. Half the money we raise goes to CHCT and half directly to St Mary’s. CHCT is any organisation that gives grants to churches undertaking restoration and improvement work – something very relevant to our current situation
If you would like to join in and cycle or walk, please see Anne Carter.
If you unable to join us on the day, then please consider sponsoring us. There is a sponsor form at the back of church or you can sponsor us online using the following link https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Buckden-bikes